Perspectives’ theoretical background runs surprisingly deep. Today I’ve added a page to our theory section on:
- the logical semantic foundation of contexts and roles;
- the MVC model that observes logical descriptions of actions in order to create a dynamic user interface;
- the backward chaining logic of the calculated properties and roles;
- the forward chaining system that keeps query results up to date, in effect implementing a truth maintenance system;
- how the notions of distribution and declarative semantics – usually uneasy bedfellows – sit together;
- how the entire system supports forms of common sense reasoning as studied by GOFAI.
In a later post I hope to announce a page that gives the Category Theoretical foundations of Perspectives.